18 October, 2012

Kitty Competition October 18th 2012


    Today the Seniors section said goodbye to Eileen who had served the Seniors section and the Club so
                     well over the last few years. Eileen produced a poem as below



Eileen’s Farewell to Clays
I started here 2001,and many staff have come and gone.
Lots of people from many nations, and with some of these we had to have patience
But always one who stuck it out, I lasted long without a doubt
A decade and more has gone so fast, and now I’ve decided I’m going at last
Seen lots of people come and go, staff and members to and fro
Little boys I’ve watched them grow into fine young men who I’m proud to know
Boys and men all passing through, playing in winter though hands are so blue
Sunshine days, the Ladies met, then came for drinks and a tete a tete.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, happy days with all my Seniors and their own little ways
Bacon butties, a peck and a hug, cup of tea? No you can’t have a mug!
Plate of chips, sausage bap, a little something to fill the gap.
Borrow a pencil, lend a pen. Your pot of coffee? Oops forgot again
David’s coming, best look busy, can’t move fast , it will make be dizzy.
Yes, Dave’s still here, Wyn and Steve, been here forever I do believe
Bosses, members, colleagues too, to love them all just wouldn’t do
Some people are best left in the past, but I’m happy to say that friendships last.
Because some are special whom I have met, and special people you don’t forget.
So I retire and my working time ends, I’m happy to call you ALL my Friends.

Don Wraight supplied the following photograph




Below results of Yellow Ball October 18th


1 ST GEOFF MORRIS, RAY JONES, PETER ALMOND & RICHARD KEY. 171 PTS
2 ND REG TAYLOR , MIKE CARDING, PETER LYNCH &TONY JACKSON 161 PTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9x3 plus 9x2. April 30th 2024, Report via Mike Healey.

Today's Results - 36 seniors (another perfect number) arrived for today's kitty comp (9 x 3) plus (9 x 2). We were all pleased with ...