Site to be used to post Clays Seniors section news about Seniors kitty Competitions and news of interest to the Seniors section at Clays Golf Club, near Wrexham. If any member wishes for news to be posted and or photos please contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Today's event was originally due to be Greensomes but due to the small number of Seniors turning up it was decided to change to individual stableford. What a morning it was with ALL the four seasons being experienced! Despite the cold, wet, snow and sunshine some excellent scores were obtained.
Results as follows:-
1. Noel Jones 39pts. Great score despite having 2 blobs....one on the 4th and another on the 10th
This unusual format was teams of 4 playing off full handicaps. Score must be decided at end of each hole and recorded as such. Each player to be on the card 4 times. Finally all scores are added up and the 10% of combined handicaps subtracted...hope that makes sense!!
Results as follows
1. Peter Lynch, Peter Fraser, Steve Monk and Dave Roberts 65.5
2. Richard Key, Tony Owens, Andrew Mitchell and Malcolm Williams 65.9
3. Alwyn Williams, Steve Beech, Reg Peacock and Brian Downes 66.7
With the temperature at minus 2C and very icy conditions only the stalwart members ventured forth to play. The weather did improve about halfway through the morning with the sun coming out to make the day more enjoyable. Putts were difficult to read and balls often bounced through the greens which all went to make the day all that more enjoyable! Despite the conditions some very good scores were carded as results below show:-
1. Barry Dare 38pts on countback 2. Barry Evans 38pts 3. Nigel Davies 37pts 4. Maelor Davies 36pts on count back 5. Frank Rodenhurst 36 pts 6. Andrew Mitchell 35pts on countback 7. Malcolm Williams 35pts on countback 8. Paul White 35pts 9. Stewart Poole 35pts 10. Noel Jones 35pts
Updated winter league as of today as follows:-
TOP SCORES AFTER THIRD ROUND
1. Peter Lynch 39pts 2. Andrew Mitchell 36pts including a 2 on the
18th. He drove the green and sank his putt 3. Mike Goring 35pts 4. Denis Jones 33pts 5. Graham Stokes 32 pts 6. Derek Lyon 32pts 7. Mike Turner 32pts 8. Ernie Williams 31pts 9. Richard Key 31pts 10. Nigel Davies 31pts
GRANDE PRIX PLAYED TWICE
MONTHLY NOVEMBER----FEBRUARY 6
TOP SCORES AFTER SECOND ROUND.